Hey sweet lady,
You've gone through some serious hardships and life
seems to have gone haywire for you.
I totally get it -- Wanting to get back on track, to live your life
with purpose beyond survival mode.
You have a deep desire to live the legacy life -- even if it's
a bit frazzled lately --but can't seem to get unstuck.
Do any of these sound familiar?
- Negative thoughts & feelings are almost constant, never staying away for too long.
- You've noticed the way you talk to & about yourself is often negative put-downs - - not at all the way you'd talk to a friend.
- People you used to count on to be there for you aren't very supportive lately.
- You often feel mostly alone & isolated (perhaps even among others)
- You are plain worn out, especially after wrestling with this negativity on your own!
- You may even be tempted to give in and let the negativity take over
And still . . .
There's that deep desire to make a positive difference, even though you've hit some major roadblocks along the way. And hey, none of us are getting any younger, right? But there's still that flickering flame that refuses to be put out.
Remember those dreams of yours?
I think of the Biblical story of Joseph. His life hit some major roadblocks and his dreams seemed so far-fetched. But to those brothers who'd set out to hurt him he was eventually able to conclude:
“You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good.” Genesis 50:20
Taking a step of faith can be scary at first (like stepping into a crowd of people after spending several months of isolation during a worldwide crisis). Or the needs of the world or even in your household may cause you to feel self-indulgent for using time or resources to invest in yourself. If someone is depending on you, you need to be able to depend on you too!
Your faith in your ability to be there for them will not rise above your faith in your ability (and willingness) to be there for yourself.
Your ability comes from God. But you must activate it through faith and action.
That's not self-indulgence.
It's action that aligns with your best self -- action that moves you toward your goal of becoming the legacy lady who you are proud of.