What happens when you're stressed?
Your adrenal glands go into overdrive and your cortisol levels go up.
High levels of cortisol cause the body to scavenge for protein to convert into glucose to provide energy for the brain to deal with the perceived stress (also severely depresses the immune system). So, Adrenaline kicks in. Adrenaline is your fight or flight hormone (also helps to control blood pressure, sweating, etc.) Your adrenals can spike creating a feeling of energy then crash with extreme fatigue when they run out of materials to work with. (Feel fine in the morning, but when contemplating work will get extremely tired. The thought of work can wear them out; any type of stress will cause the adrenal glands to over react (extremely tense nervous) or fail to respond (suddenly/extremely tired).
When cortisol is produced too frequently, it can have negative health consequences such as feelings of fatigue, difficulty maintaining healthy weight, and difficulty maintaining optimal health of cardiovascular systems. When cortisol levels are chronically high, it affects the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, basically affecting all your hormones and disrupting the natural feedback loop. This causes the body to be less sensitive to the ‘Stop Signal,’ and creates a vicious cycle of elevated stress signals. This is the root cause of adrenal fatigue. Adrenal fatigue can bring with it negative health consequences such as fatigue, weight gain, and cardiovascular disorders.
Enter CortiStop. CortiStop is an herb and essential oil supplement that helps to naturally balance the stress response by calming the body and lowering cortisol levels. As cortisol declines, strength and energy return, and the body moves back to a state of equilibrium.
Triggers for elevated cortisol levels:
- Excess heat/cold
- Alcohol abuse
- Coffee drinking
- Personal relationships
- Physical/emotional trauma
- Big life events - job changes/problems, moving, etc.
LEARN MORE Here is a closer look at each ingredient in Cortistop and how it supports our system:
- Pregnenolone: shown to reduce corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH) in experimental models. CRH is the first step in the production of the stress hormone cortisol. Pregnenolone is also a precursor hormone from which all other hormones are created. It is important for the body's production of progesterone, which blocks cortisol receptors.
- DHEA: another precursor for progesterone, DHEA is often reduced as a consequence of stress.
- Phosphatidylcholine: may protect the brain, liver and stomach during times of stress; also a key component for every cell in the body.
- Phosphatidylserine: helps to balance the Hypothalamus-Pituitary Axis, benefits cognitive function, and may blunt cortisol production. The effects may be more pronounced in people under chronic stress.
- Black cohosh: a phytoestrogen that helps counteract the effects of cortisol, helps stop stress responses, and may elevate mood.
- Clary sage: another phytoestrogen that supports hormone balance and helps uplift the mood
- Frankincense: a grounding and uplifting oil that also works as an antioxidant within the body.
- Fennel and peppermint: help soothe the stomach and aid in digestion.
WHO SHOULD USE CORTISTOP?
- Women who need support or feel the effects of adrenal fatigue.
- Men can take this supplement when needed! Dr. Purser, the doctor who formulated Progessence Plus, taught in a session on men's health that there is a place for men to be on this supplement in times of high stress and anxiety.
- NOT recommended during pregnancy. Use while breastfeeding is at your discretion and need.
TO USE Take 2 capsules in the morning before breakfast. If desired, for extra benefits, take another 2 capsules before bed. Use daily for 8 weeks. Discontinue use for 2-4 weeks before once more resuming.
Join us this month as we use Cortistop this month and beyond to support healthy cortisol levels and release the stress weighing us down!